this will be an earthworm in 1000 years

What kind of bird descends screaming on a city of worms?

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Anywhere else

Good Fortune Cleaners is closing
and I'm picking up dogshit from the sidewalk
in front of the sign that reads
"We appreciate your patronage over the years"
and the same thing over again in Spanish.

I am resposible for this dogshit and this dog
Somewhere different. Rainforests.
I couldn't get the bag under her ass in time
Anywhere else but here.
so now I have to pick the warm, brown shit up
with this plastic Target bag.

Good Fortune Cleaners is closing
I never gave them business
I took clothes into the city
when I had them

An old plantation home.
A bucket full of beautiful paint
I could splash on a wall
or throw off the roof.

Why don't you move somewhere else?
Let's toast to tyrants,
inspiration sleeps.

I sleep with a man I'm not married to
and only rarely consider
throwing myself off a roof
which would be a mandate
if I was sleeping
with a man I'm not married to

Anywhere else but here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home