this will be an earthworm in 1000 years

What kind of bird descends screaming on a city of worms?

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Talk is fat

I don't talk to my sister.
I don't talk to the phone company.
I don't talk to myself in the mirror.
I don't talk to anyone without a tattoo.
I don't talk to vagrants or spiders.
They have inferior brains.

I don't talk to the ghost in the hallway
or the mush of bones on the road.
I don't talk to paper. I scratch up its skin.
I don't talk to the man at the pharmacy he watches me
and I can't ever see his hands.

I don't talk to telemarketers or strangers or
fashionable women who seem to think...
or fat people. I don't talk to the very fat.

I find them depressing.

They'd probably find me depressing as well
in my silence
refusing to talk to them
for being fat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home