this will be an earthworm in 1000 years

What kind of bird descends screaming on a city of worms?

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Ordinary nights

Those were ordinary nights
falling down like jelly beans
tripping over piles
of good gold nothing
all the tables we had
pricked with empties
Why do I lie?
Why do my eyes dart
over birthdays and ages?
Why, after all this time
of continuing to do
the same thing,
do I still
consider
myself a sinner?

Maybe I was meant
to be a rainbow.
Maybe I was meant
to be a child forever
but the only way
to be a child forever
is to die young
and I am not
being let off
that easy.

My eyes dart
over birthdays
and ages.
those piles
of good gold nothing
those ordinary nights
an old mouth
full of jellybeans
a table full of pricks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home