this will be an earthworm in 1000 years

What kind of bird descends screaming on a city of worms?

Thursday, September 14, 2006

My dad

My dad wrote me a letter today. He has been filling holes in his yard with dirt (The uneven places) because whenever it rains the dirt washes down the hill. So then he has to haul it back up and fill in the spots again. I will write him back to suggest he plant a tree.

My dad feels much older than he is. Maybe that is because he is a laborer and has aged his body. Maybe that is because he feels he has nothing left to do. He turns fifty this year. He's retired. Sometimes he sends me articles about artists exhibiting their work in the small Tennessee town where he lives. Sometimes it's an article about the local production of "Our Town" and other times it's about a guy who sells chairs.

I don't think he always knows what to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home